Sunday, may 20, 2012
“THERE were no fast food, pizza, junk food or microwaves 50 years ago, our diet were much healthier with fresh meat and vegetables, fish, grass-fed pasture, fruit, roots, and nuts,” this was according to Brendan McCarthy, health and fitness expert and TV personality.
“Over the last 30 years, the food people eat has changed dramatically with the increasing dominance of processed and cooked foods that are robbed of their living enzymes, everything in a pocket has been processed and anything in a can or bottle has been pasteurized.” he added “Both of these processes deprive food of their natural nutrients, minerals and live enzymes, to make these foods last longer and taste better, food manufacturers add an overabundance of preservatives and chemicals.”
If we do not choose the foods we eat certainly we will get sick. It’s better to change our diet and add more fruits and vegetables in liquid form, through live enzymes of juice taken inside our bodies. These cleanse our kidneys, livers, and gall bladders.
If you have a juicer at home make these fruits into a juice and drink it to remove toxins, fats and other poisonous substance present in the body. If you drink the juice of the following, according to the research of Brendan McCarthy, will help your reduce the damage to your cells, breakdown any the food you had eaten and slowly releases toxins from your kidney and bladders.
The blend of these fruits and vegetables creates a powerful fat burner and the energetic combination gives the protection to your body needs while your body releases toxins and perks you up by boosting your energy levels. Brendan McCarthy said, “Strain the juice through a strainer, sieve one to two times before consuming it, ensuring taking much fiber, when drinking your juice take small sips and chew your juice, holding the juice into your mouth for 10 to 15 seconds before swallowing allowing the enzymes in your saliva to break down the juice for even faster assimilation in your body.
Miraculous Fresh fruit and Vegetable Juices:
1. Carrots are a great liver cleanser. according to Shereen Jegtvig, “carrots contain beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant and a pre-cursor used to make vitamin a in your body, and carotenoid relatives like zeaxanthin and lutein. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants like beta carotene and falcarinol may help to reduce your risk of cancer by preventing damage to the healthy cells of your body.
2. Apples are high in soluble fiber that soothes digestion. according to USD Nutrient Data Laboratory, apples are sources of both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber such as pectin actually helps to prevent cholesterol buildup in the lining of blood vessel walls, thus reducing the incident of atherosclerosis and heart disease. The insoluble fiber in apples provides bulk in the intestinal tract, holding water to cleanse and move food quickly through the digestive system.
3. Pears reduce acidity in the body. Being rich in vitamin C, pears have antioxidant properties and are said to protect body cells from oxygen related damage caused by free radicals. The presence of fiber in pears helps prevent constipation and also ensures regularity of bowel movement. Studies have revealed that eating pears help protect women against postmenopausal breast cancer. Pears have been found to be good for colon health. Pear juice, being rich in fructose and glucose, serves as a very quick source of energy. Drinking a glass of pear juice is believed to be helpful in bringing down fever. The antioxidant properties of pears make them good for strengthening of the immune system.
4. Parsley is an excellent cleanser of the liver, kidneys and bloodstreams. The herb contains no cholesterol and is rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber which helps control blood cholesterol levels, prevents constipation, protects body from free radicals mediated injury and from cancers. it is probably the richest of the entire herb source for vitamin K; provides 1640 mcg or 1366% of recommended daily intake. Vitamin K has been found to have potential role in bone health by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. it has also established role in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
5. Cantaloupes are high in beta carotene and digestive enzymes plus a great kidney and bladder cleansers. Cantaloupes are also rich in antioxidants flavonoids such as zeaxanthin and cryptoxanthin that protect our body from various cancers. B-complex vitamins present in this fruit are also helpful; vitamin C helps the body to develop resistance against infectious agents and manganese acts as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase.
6. The fiber in celery is the insoluble type, which means it does not dissolve in water and passes through your intestines undigested. Insoluble dietary fiber helps keep your bowels moving regularly.
7. Cucumbers are very good sources of potassium, an important intracellular electrolyte. Potassium is a heart friendly electrolyte; helps reduce blood pressure and heart rates by countering effects of sodium. it contains unique anti-oxidants in good ratios such as ß-carotene and “-carotene, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, zea-xanthin and lutein. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species that play a role in aging and various disease processes.
8. Mint is a great rejuvenator, strong diuretic and aids digestion. Mint is an excellent source of several vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin C and Vitamin a, according to the World’s Healthiest Foods website. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that reduces free radical damage in the cells of the body. Vitamin C is also helpful in decreasing the risk of colon cancer and tumors. The carotenoids found in peppermint, including beta-carotene, provide Vitamin a. like Vitamin C, Vitamin a protects against colorectal cancer as well as DNA damage from exposure to carcinogenic substances. Mint is also rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other nutrients.
9. Grapefruit peel contains pectin, which is a soluble dietary fiber. according to the Mayo Clinic, soluble fiber helps lower cholesterol. The color of the grapefruit flesh is due to an antioxidant compound called lycopene, which is also found in tomatoes and other yellow, red and orange fruits and vegetables. according to the American Cancer Society, some studies have shown that lycopene protects against prostate, stomach and lung cancer, but not all studies have been conclusive.
(Sources:lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-pears-2047.html – Cachedwww.nutrition-and-you.com/parsley.html – Cached www.buzzle.com/articles/nutritional-facts-about-cantaloupes.htmlwww.nutr… -www.nutrition-and-you.com/cucumber.html.)
Published in the Sun.Star Baguio newspaper on may 21, 2012.
Sun.Star on social media
- Bowtrol Colon Cleanse Review
- Safe Organic Colon Cleansing Eating Habits That Work Well
- July 20, 2012: Today in Weird History
- Geoff Cox’s DVD guide: We Bought A Zoo, Contraband